Difference Between Interior Design and Interior Decoration
As our topic itself gives the idea of what we are going to discuss on this blog.
Many of us think the interior design and interior decoration are the same. It’s not that.
They are two different professions. When you complete reading this blog you will get a clear idea on this.
Difference between Interior Designer and Interior Decorator
The interior designer could suggest to you the décor that will convert the space into a beautiful space.
Whereas the décor could not suggest or will not be able to do the interior design work.
What They Do?
- Interior designer’s work from scratch. In which they will start from the floor plan of the space and renovate the interior.
- They don’t intensify the look, but they also work on the functionality of the room.
- The designers work along with contractors to achieve the look and feel what the client want.
- Their client may be a residential home, an office, commercial, hotel, or any other people.
- Interior Decorators will be talented in refurbishing the whole space. With their skills of styling and trending the room.
- They decide on the colour of the wall, furniture, curtains, and emphasize the whole space.
- Decorators start their work when the interior design is completed.As they don’t work with the architects or contractors.
- They look into the style as per the client and buy the furniture and accessorize.They work with upholsterers, people who make furniture, who do the false ceiling.
Hire an Interior Designer or Interior Decorator?
You should fix your necessity, it depends totally on your need.
- If you’re thinking of changing the whole structure of a particular space or room.
- Removing or adding the wall, changing the window it’s time to hire a Designer.
- Because the designer could help you in the structural change and the wood work that goes along with it.
- It improves your quality of the space and functionality.
- Confused with wall paper, false ceiling, lighting, furnishing. will go along with your style of living and interest.
- It’s time to hire a Decorator.
- He will be your perfect choice to add spice to your taste.
- An experienced decorator can give a huge transformation to your space.
- Should carry the knowledge of designing.